Open News Manifest
In keeping with the scandinavian tech scenes past and present focus on open source and sharing (even if sometimes illegal), we have decided to use a “open source” concept, where anyone is invited to contribute, but more importantly, where anyone is free to use our material as they see fit.
What does this mean
- All content we create is under a CC-BY 3.0 license (creative commons), and free for both private or commercial use, as long as you attribute that it is from us.
- Attribution has to be to the site of original text as a minimum, and is encouraged to be about the author as well, but this is not a requirement.
- We will also embrace user created contributions and enhancements to content on our site.
We believe that by creating more openness and sharing of information, that the entire community can grow and become better. The very thing that has driven us to start the website in the first place – to make the world a bit better, one step at a time.
What do we want to achieve?
This was we want to do 3 things:
- Build a better ground for the Nordic / European startup scene, by making it possible and even encouraging aggregation and syndication of the news.
- Encourage more to participate in creating news and articles. We will enable our site to receive guest posts easily. All anyone needs to do to participate is to register and then contribute – even if things will pass through a review layer from us before being published, we want to distribute the ability to write articles.
- Continue to spread a culture of openness and transparency.
In this step we will also reveal our funding and budget on our site.*
*not yet done completely (mostly because there is no budget)